The tuition of individuals to acquaint them with:
- Legal rights and obligations in operating a high-pressure breathing air compressor.
- Emphasise the safety requirements and safety procedures in handling high-pressure compressed air.
- Give general advice on trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance on compressors and motors.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a member of an SAUU affiliated Club, School or Association.
- Must attend a Compressor Operator course.
- Must pass the theory examination as set by an in-date CMAS-ISA Instructor, holding a compressor operator certificate for not less than a year, and approved by CMAS-ISA. A pass mark of 65% is compulsory.
- Must pass the prescribed practical tests.
- Must fill 15 cylinders, including three start-ups and shut-downs of a Compressor, under supervision of an operator holding the Compressor Operator Certificate. These fillings must be logged onto the logbook card for the Compressor Operator Certificate and verified by a holder of a CMAS-ISA Compressor Operator Certificate.
Parts 5 & 6 must be completed within 1 year of writing the theory examination. Failing which parts 4 & 5 must be re-done. The above-mentioned prerequisites are the minimum required for the CMAS-ISA Compressor Operator Certificate